Helpful Tips For Teeth Whitening Tysons Corner
There are several why you might want to undergo a teeth-whitening procedure. You may have an upcoming event (graduation, wedding, family gathering, etc.) or you simply want to look your best. Teeth whitening can boost your self-esteem and confidence and give you a healthy appearance. The color of the human teeth varies depending on oral hygiene, drinks and leisure activities such as partaking in smoking.
Common Causes of teeth discoloration
- Teeth discoloration can occur due to surface stains or changes inside the tooth.
- Tooth discoloration can occur when the enamel (outer layer of the tooth) acquires stains. The stains often come from drinks such as red wine, coffee, tea, cola and other soft drinks. Teeth stains can also arise due to smoking tobacco products.
- Naturally, the inner structure of the tooth may darken or acquires a yellow shade. Exposure to large amounts of fluoride during early childhood can cause teeth discoloration.
- Injuries that affect the pulp of the tooth can also cause teeth discoloration.
- With age, the tooth tends to lose color. The inner structure of the tooth,i.e., dentin becomes yellow with time. The enamel becomes thinner with age, thus allowing dentin to show through.
- Poor oral hygiene (not flossing and not brushing regularly) can lead to accumulation of plaque that discolors the tooth.
- Teeth whitening aims to reverse the loss of tooth color and restore your smile. Teeth whitening is often a cosmetic procedure, many people who go for it have perfectly healthy teeth. Sometimes, stained teeth can lead to oral problems.
Always have your dentist whiten your teeth
Brushing your teeth daily will help with the hygiene and health of the tooth. However, brushing will not alter the color of your teeth. You will also find many people other than your dentist offering teeth whitening solutions. You can walk into a beauty salon or even a chemist, get yourself a kit,and get the job done by yourself. These kits, however, do not guarantee safety and best results. The best option is to find a teeth-whitening dentist in Tysons Corner VA.
Teeth whitening by the dentist is the safest method and one that guarantees impressive results. The dental experts use professional grade bleaching chemicals. Your dentists understand the level of peroxide concentration that will get the best results without causing damage to your teeth. The specialist also knows the precise duration for which the bleach is left on your teeth. This way he or she protects your teeth from damage and gum irritation.
With a dentist, the procedure is painless, and there is no risk of long-term damage to your teeth. However, you may experience mild tooth and gum sensitivity,but this is temporary and should vanish within a short time. Sensitivity is not common but may occur when you take hot or cold foods or drinks.
The good thing about professional whitening is it provides results within a short time. Often,dentist-whitening procedures show results after the initial appointment. It is noteworthy that different people show different results depending on the nature of tooth discoloration. It is thus paramount that you consult your dentist about the whitening and the expected results.
If you are searching for a dental expert to remove stains from your teeth, you can visit Dr. Barakat in Tysons Corner VA. Dr. Barakat is the best dentist when it comes to teeth whitening. Dr. Barakat’s vast experience in teeth whitening will help you determine the best method for you and ensure you get the best results after the procedure.