Partial and Full Dentures Vienna VA
“Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.”
Quote by Christie Brinkley.
Having a healthy and attractive smile is important not only for your career but for your social life too. Sadly accidents do happen – at work or in sports – leading to loss of teeth. In such a case, your natural smile will be no more.
The good news is there is a solution that will restore your perfect smile – dentures. At dentures Vienna VA, we provide personalized services that meet all our patients’ unique needs. In addition, we create dentures that are one-of-a-kind that make you feel good and restore your confidence.
What are dentures?
Also referred to as false teeth, they are removable and come in a natural color and look that matches your permanent teeth. There are three types of dentures offered at our Vienna VA office.
- Full Dentures – are available to patients after all their teeth have been removed. At our dentures Vienna VA office, you will find conventional and immediate full dentures. Conventional full dentures are fitted after the gums have healed while immediate full dentures are placed right after your teeth have been removed. After the first visit, the patient will be required to schedule additional visits over the next couple of months to allow the doctor to adjust the dentures and monitor the patient’s healing progress.
- Partial dentures – they are designed to fill areas on your gum where your permanent teeth have been removed. They are attached to a metal frame which is connected to your permanent teeth for stability.
- Overdenture – as a removable denture, it’s designed to fit over the few remaining permanent teeth. Before placement, the doctor will prepare the natural teeth to ensure better support for the denture.
How long does the process take?
It takes around five appointments to ensure proper placement and monitoring of the patient’s health and healing progress. During your first visit, the doctor will start by making an impression also called a wax bite. The impression will help to reveal the patient’s jaw position and vertical dimensions.
Afterwards, a try-in is placed. This allows the doctor to determine the right shape, fit and color. Finally, the placement and adjustment of the dentures is done. Additional visits will be required to check on the patient’s healing progress. During this time, further adjustments will have to be made.
Taking care of your dentures
As you age, your mouth also changes which means your dentures will be affected. During this time, gum ridges will shrink making the dentures loose. This presents a lot of problems that can lead to sores and infections.
To keep our mouth clean and prevent bacteria from causing infections, you need to keep your dentures clean.
- Always stand over a clean folded towel just in case your dentures fall out of your mouth
- Brush your dentures three times a day to prevent plaque and tartar from building up
- Choose cleaning products recommended by your doctor
- Always keep your dentures moist when you are not wearing them
- Keep your tongue and gums clean
Want to learn more about dentures? Call our super friendly staff to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bakarat and restore your perfect smile today!